Keralan Coconut Curry
Cut fish, meat or vegetables into generous pieces.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan, add the spices and cook for 20 seconds.
- Add in any meat or prawns and brown gently for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the sauce along with 50ml of water and bring to the boil. Add the fish or delicate ingredients and simmer until they are cooked through (approx 3-6 minutes).
BITS TO BUY TIPS
- 250-275g firm white fish (or prawns, chicken, vegetables or eggs.)
- 1 tsp vegetable or olive oil.
- Try fish steaks for a fuller flavour.
- Also great with shellfish (try fresh prawns or mussels),chicken, duck or hard boiled eggs.
- Make with seasonal vegetables and rice noodles for a great vegetarian meal.
- Add a handful halved baby tomatoes for a change.
- Finish curry with a little roasted, flaked coconut.
- Add a little water if the sauce gets too thick.
- Add a little tamarind, vinegar or lime juice for extra tang.
If you don't like whole spices in your dish, grind them to a powder and add them in the end.
Simply choose a video to watch...