- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the cashews and raisins and cook until golden and puffed up respectively. Spoon out of the oil and place on kitchen roll.
- Add the spices from the whole spice sachet into the pan and sizzle for 20 seconds. Add the chicken and brown for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the contents of the base and main sauce from the pouches and bring to a simmer. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, another 5-6 minutes or so.
- Massage the rice in the pouch to break up any lumps.Layer the rice evenly on top of the ‘curry’ and spoon over the cashews, raisins and saffron milk (if using).
- Cover and steam over the lowest heat for 5 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Serve as it is or garnished with the crispy onions and coriander.
Simmer a good pinch of saffron strands in 4 tbsp of milk and reduce by half.Spoon over the rice.
Crispy fried Onions
Heat 3.5cm of oil in a medium frying pan. Add your onions and fry them over a moderate heat until they are golden. Keep moving them around in the pan so they colour evenly. Take out with a spoon and place on kitchen roll.