- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a small-lidded pan taking care not to overheat the oil. Add the spices from the spices pouch and sizzle for 20 seconds.
- Add the contents of the sauce pouch and bring to a boil before adding the prawns in. Cook until the prawns have just curled, about 1-2 minutes.
- Massage the rice in the pouch to break up any lumps. Layer the rice evenly on top of the ‘curry’
- Simmer a good pinch of saffron strands in 4 tbsp of milk and reduce by half. Spoon over the rice
- Stir fry some cashew nuts and raisins until golden and puffed up respectively
- Dot over the rice a few small cubes of butter and sprinkle a handful of crispy fried onions, the cashew nuts and raisins on top
- Cover and steam over the lowest heat for 5 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
Simmer a good pinch of saffron strands in 4 tbsp of milk and reduce by half. Spoon over the rice.
Crispy Fried Onions
Heat 1” of oil in a medium frying pan. Add your onions and fry them over a moderate heat until they are golden. Keep moving them around in the pan so they colour evenly. Take out with a spoon and place on kitchen roll.